National Security Agency
Top Secret/SCI (current)
Full Scope (current)
BS in Related Technical Field
On-Site/Office @ Laurel, MD (Emerson)
20+ yrs Systems Engineering Experience
Systems engineering, Cyber Security, operating systems, system support, architecture, DoD8570, IAT2, VMware, Storage, Network, system accreditation, security compliance, Windows Server, RHEL, CentOS, Splunk, Cloud Director, Horizon View
The total compensation for this position is above industry average - you determine the allocation by selecting from an a la carte menu of salary, paid time off, insurances, and other benefits.
Full-time (1880 hour per year) Systems Engineering position exercising a wide range of competencies supporting for EIS developmental and production environments for multiple operating systems (e.g. Windows, Solaris, and Linux).
RELEVANT DEGREES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Systems Engineering
- Computer science
- Information systems
- Previous Experience supporting the National Security Agency customer
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline.
- At least 20 years of general systems engineering experience.
- Experience is to include at least three (3) of the following areas: knowledge of current security tools, hardware/software security implementation; communication protocols; and encryption techniques/tools.
- DoD8570 compliance with Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level 2 or higher is required.
- Designing, architecting, building strategic infrastructure plan
- Formulating life cycle replacement plans
- Re-architecting enclaves, ensuring systems are current and up-to-date
- Provide strategic infrastructure planning and scheduling
- Participate in weekly engineering review board / technical meeting
- Conduct Requirements gathering
- Understand/be able to explain the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Hyper Converged Infrastructure (HCI)
- Must be familiar with VMware, Storage, Network, system accreditation, security compliance, Windows Server, RHEL, CentOS, Splunk, Cloud Director, Horizon View, and infrastructure support tools.
- CyberSecurity Engineering / Operations Support
- System Management Planning
- Build technical plans
- Develop documentation for the configuration of systems and equipment to the network
- Coordinate with public, private, and international partners
- Develop, implement, and manage across CS that supports all multi-office developments needed for capabilities, products, and operations
- Ensure appropriate documentation and operational training is made available
- Analyze problems to determine technical solutions
- Decide what architectures will be required to solve technical problems
- Decide what procedures will be required to solve technical problems
- Develop functional, operation, or user requirements
- Provide system engineering and specialized application support for designated mission systems established by the government. This support will be called on when support using SOP guidelines is not sufficient to resolve system, network, database, or application issues.
- Research new capabilities, plan evaluations complete Feasibility Study and perform Technical Assurance ELAI and ELAII evaluations.
- Write/review scripts as evaluation dictates
- Develop and perform independent tests and develop test procedures from requirements
- Evaluate Capability Requirements Specifications(CRS)
- Complete technical reviews, develop and distribute final reports; generate test documentation to include test plans and procedures
- Perform advanced Internet research on topics and apply the knowledge to the evaluation, develop tools/scripts for use during other evaluations, participating in all phases of the evaluation process.
MetaTech Consulting is a Woman, Veteran owned small company with 20 years of experience providing value added support to the IC community with engineering, development, and acquisition efforts in the SIGINT and Cyber domains.
Beyond the highly competitive, and customizable, compensation and benefit package, MetaTech employees fill very senior Engineering, Program Management and advisor roles and, therefore, enjoy a virtually unprecedented level of trust and autonomy within the company and in their daily routine and work environment. The company management structure is very flat - a "one-among-equals" culture - that allows for flexibility, initiative and individuality while maintaining "Home Office" support and minimizing unnecessary management overhead. Our strategy is to hire exceptional talent, trust and empower them to do their job, then support them in being successful.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- "Grow" your role and expand your responsibilities
- Knowledge and Skill Development
- Build experience as a skilled practitioner
- Advanced training and certifications available
OTHER HIGHLY VALUED SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- A self-starter, have a high level of attention to detail, and possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Flexible/easily adaptable within a dynamic work environment that may require surge efforts
- Detail oriented and exhibit strong organization skills
- Documents all plans and actions well.
- Excellent oral and written ability
- Personal Initiative and being a self-starter