National Security Agency
Top Secret/SCI (current)
Full Scope (current)
BS in Related Technical Field
On-Site/Office @ Fort Meade, MD
15+ yrs Systems Engineering Experience
Cyber Security, operating systems, system support, XACTA
The total compensation for this position is above industry average - you determine the allocation by selecting from an a la carte menu of salary, paid time off, insurances, and other benefits.
Full-time (1880 hour per year) Systems Engineering position exercising a wide range of competencies performing Information System Security Officer in support of CyberSecurity Cross Operations.
RELEVANT DEGREES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Systems Engineering
- Information Assurance Certification
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline.
- At least 15 years of general systems engineering experience.
- DoD8570 compliance with Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level 2 or higher is required.
- Previous Experience supporting the National Security Agency customer
- Serve as a principal advisor to the Government on all matters, technical and otherwise, involving the security of an Information System (IS);
- Provide the detailed knowledge and expertise required to manage the security aspects of an IS. Maintain responsibility for the day-to-day security operations of the system. Responsibilities may also include:
- Security Control Validation Visits
- Secure Configuration and Change management
- Event Management
- Account Management
- Vulnerability Management
- Security Incident Management
- POA&M Management
- Collaborate with the System Owner to maintain Approval to Operate (ATO), including the resolution of any Plans of Action & Milestones (POA&M) documents issued by the DAO;
- Maintain and validate account and vulnerability management;
- Develop and provide update System security Plans (SSPs) and supporting documentation (e.g. SECONOPs, diagrams, Privileged User’s Guide);
- Respond to any data calls;
- Provide security design guidance and analysis to the project team throughout the RMF process;
- Collaborate with the Information System Security Engineer (ISSE) in the design, build, and self-test of systems;
- Perform reviews of technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations, and recommended mitigation strategies;
- Utilize XACTA, the system of record for SCA data
MetaTech Consulting is a Woman, Veteran owned small company with 20 years of experience providing value added support to the IC community with engineering, development, and acquisition efforts in the SIGINT and Cyber domains.
Beyond the highly competitive, and customizable, compensation and benefit package, MetaTech employees fill very senior Engineering, Program Management and advisor roles and, therefore, enjoy a virtually unprecedented level of trust and autonomy within the company and in their daily routine and work environment. The company management structure is very flat - a "one-among-equals" culture - that allows for flexibility, initiative and individuality while maintaining "Home Office" support and minimizing unnecessary management overhead. Our strategy is to hire exceptional talent, trust and empower them to do their job, then support them in being successful.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- "Grow" your role and expand your responsibilities
- Knowledge and Skill Development
- Build experience as a skilled practitioner
- Advanced training and certifications available
OTHER HIGHLY VALUED SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- A self-starter, have a high level of attention to detail, and possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Flexible/easily adaptable within a dynamic work environment that may require surge efforts
- Detail oriented and exhibit strong organization skills
- Documents all plans and actions well.
- Excellent oral and written ability
- Personal Initiative and being a self-starter