National Security Agency
Top Secret/SCI (current)
BS in Related Technical Field
On-Site/Office @ Columbia, MD (CANX)
20+ yrs Systems Engineering Experience
Data engineering, Data Modeling, Elasticsearch, Snowflake, NoSQL, Linux, AWS, Containers, ETL, Shell Scripting
The total compensation for this position is above industry average - you determine the allocation by selecting from an a la carte menu of salary, paid time off, insurances, and other benefits.
Full-time (1880 hour per year) Systems Engineering position exercising a wide range of competencies providing data engineering support and related services to the implementation of enterprise data representations in various mission domains.
RELEVANT DEGREES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Systems Engineering
- Information Science
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline.
- At least 20 years of general systems engineering experience.
Strong software and systems engineering expertise from cradle to grave with limited, high-level direction.
A broad range of knowledge including information technology, requirements, technical architecture analysis (e.g., understanding data flow diagrams, system architecture diagrams, etc.), and an understanding of functional and system analysis.
- NoSQL databases (Elasticsearch, Snowflake, etc).
- AWS/GCP (or our local variants – MASH/C2S).
- Containers (docker).
- Orchestration (Ansible/Puppet/Chef/Salt).
- Data Wrangling (munging/moving/transferring it about town).
- Open source/GITHUB.
- Integrating national and tactical data architectures into enterprise data representations (or formats) that can produce outputs to support multiple system architectures. This includes systems and data architecture and integration, data modeling, and data mapping in direct support of enterprise technology leadership.
- Maintaining awareness of commercial data standards and community data standardization activities.
- Corporate architecture and tools to include the Event Warehouse, Content Warehouse.
- End-to-end systems engineering for data flows from the perspective of data format modeling, data mapping, and support to implementers and mission customers.
- Performing high-level data requirements analysis to support application of data standards across the enterprise.
- Coordinating across teams that leverage multiple development methodologies, Agile (Scrum & Kanban), etc.
- Possessing an instinctive aptitude to leverage information and knowledge sharing networks and navigate conflict in a way that fosters constructive outcomes.
MetaTech Consulting is a Woman, Veteran owned small company with 20 years of experience providing value added support to the IC community with engineering, development, and acquisition efforts in the SIGINT and Cyber domains.
Beyond the highly competitive, and customizable, compensation and benefit package, MetaTech employees fill very senior Engineering, Program Management and advisor roles and, therefore, enjoy a virtually unprecedented level of trust and autonomy within the company and in their daily routine and work environment. The company management structure is very flat - a "one-among-equals" culture - that allows for flexibility, initiative and individuality while maintaining "Home Office" support and minimizing unnecessary management overhead. Our strategy is to hire exceptional talent, trust and empower them to do their job, then support them in being successful.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- "Grow" your role and expand your responsibilities
- Knowledge and Skill Development
- Build experience as a skilled practitioner
- Advanced training and certifications available
OTHER HIGHLY VALUED SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- A self-starter, have a high level of attention to detail, and possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Flexible/easily adaptable within a dynamic work environment that may require surge efforts
- Detail oriented and exhibit strong organization skills
- Documents all plans and actions well.
- Excellent oral and written ability
- Personal Initiative and being a self-starter