National Security Agency
Top Secret/SCI (current)
Full Scope (current)
BS in Related Technical Field
On-Site/Office @ Columbia, MD (CANX)
15+ yrs Systems Engineering Experience
Systems engineering, Systems, Engineer, SE, Planning, Implementation, JIRA, Transition, Decommission, PM, Project, Requirements, Documentation, Validate
The total compensation for this position is above industry average - you determine the allocation by selecting from an a la carte menu of salary, paid time off, insurances, and other benefits.
Full-time (1880 hour per year) Systems Engineering position exercising a wide range of competencies supporting a technology transition office responsible for the management and oversight of technology transition into and out of the Enterprise Architecture.
RELEVANT DEGREES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Systems Engineering
- Computer Science
- Information Systems
- INCOSE Certified Systems Engineer
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline.
- At least 15 years of general systems engineering experience.
- At least 5 years experience supporting the National Security Agency customer
- Lead contractor systems engineering activities for a project to include supervising the work of the project engineering staff and technicians.
- Experience with managing Systems Engineering Projects thru Confluence / JIRA, with Scrum Master experience, including dashboard and query development.
- Experience in defining an effort from mission outcomes/objectives to key tasks, and/or managing the development of functional requirements and other related SE documentation.
- Experience in development/ implementation of SE processes and procedures.
- Experience in technical program/ project management/ project implementation highly desired.
- Experience in interpreting/ producing architectural documentation.
- Recent broad SIGINT engineering experience
- Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Approve delivery of work products of multiple Processes Areas defined in the ISO/IEC 15288.
- Independently make decisions regarding engineering issues and methodology for a project.
- Brief stakeholders and present the status on all technical aspects of their project.
- Managing and supporting the technology transition office’s processes to include characterizations of assigned projects, leading, planning, scheduling, engagement, and validation of process steps and related artifacts.
- Identifying risks and recommending mitigations and/or the support of the customer in performing these activities, while monitoring and measuring progress through these processes.
MetaTech Consulting is a Woman, Veteran owned small company with 20 years of experience providing value added support to the IC community with engineering, development, and acquisition efforts in the SIGINT and Cyber domains.
Beyond the highly competitive, and customizable, compensation and benefit package, MetaTech employees fill very senior Engineering, Program Management and advisor roles and, therefore, enjoy a virtually unprecedented level of trust and autonomy within the company and in their daily routine and work environment. The company management structure is very flat - a "one-among-equals" culture - that allows for flexibility, initiative and individuality while maintaining "Home Office" support and minimizing unnecessary management overhead. Our strategy is to hire exceptional talent, trust and empower them to do their job, then support them in being successful.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- "Grow" your role and expand your responsibilities
- Knowledge and Skill Development
- Build experience as a skilled practitioner
- Advanced training and certifications available
OTHER HIGHLY VALUED SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- A self-starter, have a high level of attention to detail, and possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Flexible/easily adaptable within a dynamic work environment that may require surge efforts
- Detail oriented and exhibit strong organization skills
- Documents all plans and actions well.
- Excellent oral and written ability
- Personal Initiative and being a self-starter