Full Scope (current)
BS in Related Technical Field
On-Site/Office @ Fort Meade, MD
20+ yrs Systems Engineering Experience
Systems engineering, HPC, Automation, Linux, Scripting
The total compensation for this position is above industry average - you determine the allocation by selecting from an a la carte menu of salary, paid time off, insurances, and other benefits
Full-time position Systems Engineering position exercising a wide range of SE competencies to produce deliverables in support of the HPC Computing Solutions, focusing on enterprise SE for the customer portfolio.
RELEVANT DEGREES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Systems Engineering
- Computer Science
- INCOSE SEP: Certified Systems Engineering Professional (ASEP, CSEP, ESEP)
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline.
- At least 20 years of systems engineering / enterprise architecture experience.
- Understanding of application I/O and how to optimize
- Kernel tuning, operating system debugging/tracing expertise, and network tuning expertise
- Ability to context switch between a broad spectrum of tasks with the ability to go deeply into a problem area
- Automation expertise (SALT, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
- Strong scripting/programming background – C, Perl, Bourne Shell/ Bash, Python
- Excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Seven or more years of experience as a lead systems engineer on complex or large software development projects.
- Systems Engineering experience within NSA.
- Experience with IC industry.
- Experience in high performance computing.
- Experience in high performance cryptanalysis.
- Provide engineering services that demonstrate a diverse background and significant experience within the SIGINT community and knowledge of mission applications and workflows.
- Satisfy organizational requirements in support of the architecture, engineering, integration, and work planning activities across the portfolio.
MetaTech Consulting is a Woman, Veteran owned small company with 20 years of experience providing value added support to the IC community with engineering, development, and acquisition efforts in the SIGINT and Cyber domains.
Beyond the highly competitive, and customizable, compensation and benefit package, MetaTech employees fill very senior Engineering, Program Management and advisor roles and, therefore, enjoy a virtually unprecedented level of trust and autonomy within the company and in their daily routine and work environment. The company management structure is very flat - a "one-among-equals" culture - that allows for flexibility, initiative and individuality while maintaining "Home Office" support and minimizing unnecessary management overhead. Our strategy is to hire exceptional talent, trust and empower them to do their job, then support them in being successful.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- "Grow" your role and expand your responsibilities
- Knowledge and Skill Development
- Build experience as a skilled practitioner
- Advanced training and certifications available
OTHER HIGHLY VALUED SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- A self-starter, have a high level of attention to detail, and possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Flexible/easily adaptable within a dynamic work environment that may require surge efforts
- Detail oriented and exhibit strong organization skills
- Documents all plans and actions well.
- Excellent oral and written ability
- Personal Initiative and being a self-starter