Position ID: Junior Systems Engineer for Mission Management
Full Scope Polygraph
BS in Related
Fort Meade, MD
2+ yrs Systems
To apply, email your resume to our recruiting staff at email@example.com
KEY WORDS: Transitioning & Decommissioning (T&D) Activities, Operations and Capability development
Full-time position (1880 hour/year) Systems Engineer position that will advise and assist government program/project managers in analyzing users’ requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures.
The total compensation for this position is above industry average - you determine the allocation by selecting from an a la carte menu of salary, paid time off, insurances, and other benefits
MetaTech Consulting is a Woman, Veteran owned small company with 20 years of experience providing value added support to the IC community with engineering, development, and acquisition efforts in the SIGINT and Cyber domains.
Beyond the highly competitive, and customizable, compensation and benefit package, MetaTech employees fill very senior Engineering, Program Management and advisor roles and, therefore, enjoy a virtually unprecedented level of trust and autonomy within the company and in their daily routine and work environment. The company management structure is very flat - a "one-among-equals" culture - that allows for flexibility, initiative and individuality while maintaining "Home Office" support and minimizing unnecessary management overhead. Our strategy is to hire exceptional talent, trust and empower them to do their job, then support them in being successful.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- "Grow" your role and expand your responsibilities
- Knowledge and Skill Development
- Build experience as a skilled practitioner
- Advanced training and certifications available
- Gathering of system artifacts for Transition and Decommission activities
- Assist in data migration, which includes the scope of the data migration efforts (what data elements will be migrated, whether open transactional data will migrate, the amount of historical data to convert), identification of potential risks, testing strategy and dependencies, and quality checking of data migrated
- Assist in measuring the efficacy of test scripts against declared mission needs
- Assist in the creation of new legal, policy, and/or compliance guidance that will be necessary to implement use of the Unified Engagement Environment
- Assist in the development of an enterprise mission management framework that provides guidance and direction to the entire enterprise that enhances oversight, governance, collaboration, integration and communication
- Assist in the establishment of processes to use refined metrics to make better data-informed decisions
- Assist in the establishment and improvement of processes and procedures that provide a solid foundation for end-to-end requirements management
- Assist in the capturing and documenting of mission work flows to define requirements to be used by others for developmental purposes
- Assist with analyzing mission workflows and converting them into functioning workflows within the Unified Engagement Environment
RELEVANT DEGREES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Systems Engineering Degree
- Computer Science
- INCOSE SEP: Certified Systems Engineering Professional (ASEP, CSEP, ESEP)
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline.
- At least 2 years of systems engineering / enterprise architecture experience.
- Knowledgeable of DoD and IC standards and specifications as well as tools that enable information sharing.
- Able to work with top-level government management and to work as a team member.
- Able to assist in policy formulation and decisions.
- Strong in writing and communications skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to facilitate meetings
- Excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy. Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of the various missions within the Agency
OTHER HIGHLY VALUED SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- A self-starter, have a high level of attention to detail, and possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Flexible/easily adaptable within a dynamic work environment that may require surge efforts
- Detail oriented and exhibit strong organization skills
- Documents all plans and actions well.
- Excellent oral and written ability
- Personal Initiative and being a self-starter